Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Keegan's Big Boy Room

It was such a bittersweet weekend for me.  Keegan will be three in just six weeks so it was definitely time to get him into a "big boy" bed.  We found bunk beds and a matching dresser that we fell in love with Friday night and by Saturday night I was a mom without a nursery.  No crib. No rocking chair.  Sigh. 
Keegan's excitement eased the pain for sure.  I pulled out the video camera because he was so funny.  He kept saying "You guys, this is AMAZING. Such a good idea!"  It was hilarious.  And I know it was time. 
He absolutely loves his new room.  Instead of rocking we now read books on the top bunk.  Ok...maybe I still rock him a little without the chair.  Lord help this boy. 
We still have plans to paint the room a gray/blue and replace the planes and trains with baseball décor soon but this is our first big first step.  How is he almost 3?!

1 comment:

  1. Kyla - his room looks great. I know he will love the bunk beds. He looks so proud in the pictures. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete