I am the least crafty person that I know but I came across this thankful tree online and it looked so easy and I had everything needed on hand so I thought we would give it a try. Ninety-nine percent of Ava's prayers are thank-you prayers right now so I thought this would be fun for her. We traced and cut out her little hands and she told me what to write on each little leaf on her tree.
We are working on our Operation Christmas Child boxes for kids in third world countries so we've talked a lot about things that we have that we forget to be thankful for. After she used the potty before bed a couple of weeks ago I told her that not all kids had running water and indoor potties at their home. Her prayers have included 'thank you for my potty' every night since! I laughed the other night when I told Jeff that Mommy and Daddy fell between her potty and all the pretty rocks. Ha! I love this girl!

She has a good heart just like her Momma. Love my Ava Noelle!
ReplyDelete