Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thankful

Two and a half years ago my Dad's kidneys failed. They completely stopped working. From the ER to surgery then to dialysis, the days were long and tough from March through September.  But two years ago yesterday, brother-in-law Adam gave Dad one of his kidneys in hopes of giving him a better life.

When I think back on those days of the operation two years ago I don't remember the fear or the exhaustion that I know was present. But I remember our family, church family and neighbors reaching out to us. They brought us snacks for our hospital stay, e-mailed scripture and encouraging words, helped us with baby Ava, and most importantly lifted us up in payer.

 I remember two specific prayers that were prayed aloud in class for our family. One of course was that the transplant would work and Dad would live a happy, healthy life.

 The other was that Adam would be richly blessed for his love and sacrifice.

So this weekend we gave thanks for two beautifully answered prayers.


2 comments:

  1. Such a blessing to see how great your Dad is doing. I remember when all of that was going on and it's hard to believe it was already that long ago. It looks like you guys had a great time with your family! What a wonderful reason to celebrate and give thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, our God is truly amazing. This blessing brought tears to my eyes this morning.

    ReplyDelete