Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May Happenings

We headed to the pool for the first time last weekend.  It was still much too cold for me but the kids have been begging for three weeks and finally wore us down.  They get SO excited about pool season!
I remember not caring about the water temp when I was a kid and these two proved to be the same.  Jeff and I watched them play for hours and Jeff even jumped in for an hour too.  It was a fun first pool day :-)
Unfortunately we were rained out on Memorial Day so we didn't get to go but we still had a very eventful weekend starting with a park day and picnic on Friday......
And Presley's first dance recital on Saturday!  She was SOOOO great :-)
The kids had a sleepover Sunday night.  We pulled out the sofa sleeper and they played flashlights until after 11:00.  LOVE these kiddos!
Ava headed back to school yesterday for her last 8 days!  She had her kinder performance/end of year celebration yesterday morning. 
This school year has just flown by!  Ava has learned so much and I am so thankful that this kindergarten year was fun and exciting for her.  This girl loves to learn.  She loves to read and write and draw and she blows me away every day with new poems and 'songs' that she writes.  She randomly pulls books off the bookshelf and reads them around the house.  She had her nose in a book the entire time we were at the library on Friday, putting it down only long enough to scan it at check out. 
Jeff took a video of Ava reading The Giving Tree the other night.  It's the sweetest sound to me.  The tiny baby I read books to five years ago is now reading to me.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment