Today our Keegan is 3 years old! It's hard to believe that it's been three years since we held our little guy for the first time. And now he is 30 pounds of busy, funny, unstoppable little boy!
He is such a little character these days. He is so silly and already loves potty humor. But he is also so sweet and lovable. He will randomly walk up to one of us and say, "Hey Mama, or Hey Daddy....I love you.' out of the blue. He loves to play outside and the park (any park) is his favorite place. He loves to run. He will just randomly crouch down on the ground in a 'set' position and say "Tell me when Mama!" and take off when I say GO. He is so fast!
He loves to play with his airplanes and superheroes. His Dusty airplane is in hand most of the day and he loves to fly him around making plane noises and acting out scenes from the movie.
He loves to pick out 'Thomas' books at the library and read them before naps and at bedtime. He has finally started drawing a little with dry erase markers on Ava's easel and it looks like he may be right handed even though he bats left handed. He likes to draw lines and circles and attempts other shapes too. He will draw his heart out and come and get me to tell me "Look, I wrote my name!" Hmmm...Maybe in another language? Ha! I'm happy that he is showing a little interest though :)
He is so excited to go to preschool in the fall! I took him to register last month and he insisted on wearing his backpack. He walked the halls waving and talking to everyone and when we went to Ava's preschool teacher's classroom he said 'ok, bye! you can come pick me up.' Then he pulled his sandwich out of his backpack and sat down at a table to eat!! The teachers and I could not stop laughing. He proved to be more than ready and I was so happy to see how much he loved it there. Mrs. Sherri and Mrs. Sharon were so sweet with him. He was not happy that he didn't get to stay.
Keegan has his first t-ball practice on Wednesday. He's talked about playing for a year and I can't wait to see him out there running around in his little baseball pants. I have a feeling 3 year old t-ball is going to be pretty comical. As his coach said in an e-mail "It's a lot like herding cats."
This is going to be a big year for our little man! And while it's sad to me that his baby days are behind us, it's so exciting to think of the days ahead. This little guy has blessed us so much. I'm so proud to be his mommy and we are so, so thankful for him.
You stole my heart 3 years ago and you still hold it in your hands today. We love you so much Keegan Reese!
He loves to pick out 'Thomas' books at the library and read them before naps and at bedtime. He has finally started drawing a little with dry erase markers on Ava's easel and it looks like he may be right handed even though he bats left handed. He likes to draw lines and circles and attempts other shapes too. He will draw his heart out and come and get me to tell me "Look, I wrote my name!" Hmmm...Maybe in another language? Ha! I'm happy that he is showing a little interest though :)
He is so excited to go to preschool in the fall! I took him to register last month and he insisted on wearing his backpack. He walked the halls waving and talking to everyone and when we went to Ava's preschool teacher's classroom he said 'ok, bye! you can come pick me up.' Then he pulled his sandwich out of his backpack and sat down at a table to eat!! The teachers and I could not stop laughing. He proved to be more than ready and I was so happy to see how much he loved it there. Mrs. Sherri and Mrs. Sharon were so sweet with him. He was not happy that he didn't get to stay.
Keegan has his first t-ball practice on Wednesday. He's talked about playing for a year and I can't wait to see him out there running around in his little baseball pants. I have a feeling 3 year old t-ball is going to be pretty comical. As his coach said in an e-mail "It's a lot like herding cats."
This is going to be a big year for our little man! And while it's sad to me that his baby days are behind us, it's so exciting to think of the days ahead. This little guy has blessed us so much. I'm so proud to be his mommy and we are so, so thankful for him.
You stole my heart 3 years ago and you still hold it in your hands today. We love you so much Keegan Reese!








No comments:
Post a Comment