We've had a busy two weekends and all of a sudden Christmas is upon us! I struggle so much every year trying to fit in all of our favorite holiday plans. In the end it only matters that we took the time to worship, reflect and show love but I always have a list a mile long of new recipes, books, crafts and events I want to accomplish with the kiddos. We did bake and decorate and enjoy looking at Christmas lights. And Thursday night we enjoyed our annual evening out at our neighborhood's tree lighting. It was rescheduled due to the ice storm two weeks ago so the kids were more than ready to talk with Santa about everything they are hoping for this year.
I think this these are the sweetest pictures. Keegan asked for Dusty from the movie Airplanes and Ava asked for American girl doll "stuff" for Kit like pajamas, outfits and accessories. I almost felt bad to break up their conversation and ask for a pose. I guess our crying baby Santa pics are over.
I love these two!!
And the guy on the left too :-)
More pics of Thursday night...
We also added a couple of new traditions to our mix! Last weekend Uncle Adam, Aunt Kara and Kinley were Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus at their church's (FBC McKinney's) the Christmas Journey on Friday night.
The live outdoor Nativity/Gospel story had over 8,000 cars drive through. We all went on a hayride through it Sunday night and it was incredible. Even the kids were captivated!
And a few nights ago we started the family life Christmas box that Nana gave us.
It's an interactive Nativity and the kids have loved taking turns opening a box every night.
They get to place the figure and then we read about what we just opened.
I won't lie- It's not easy keeping Keegan still for the entire poem! But they do love learning and talking about the Nativity story every night and I think the last night will be really cool when they open the mirrored box and see that God wants THEM for Christmas.
I turned 31 yesterday at Northpark like every year. We always enjoy Santa's stories, lunch at Corner Bakery and of course Trains!
We finished our day with a wonderful dinner out with Poppy and Grammy! And more celebrating tonight :)
Just four more days till Christmas morning!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment