Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ava's Dance Recital

Sunday was such a special day for our Ava!  It was a busy day with an early morning rehearsal, Father's Day lunch, and then back to the Eisemann Center for her recital but we enjoyed every minute of it! 
This year we needed tight curls in Ava's hair so she slept in sponge rollers Saturday night.  I was so impressed by her willingness to do this.  We knew with her baby fine hair, there wouldn't be curls any other way!  Some of it fell during the day so Grammy used a curling iron and lots of hairspray before the show and it turned out great.
Ava stopped me in the middle of our day and asked "When I dance next year am I going to have another recital?"  She was so straight faced and I wasn't sure where she was going with it but I answered yes and she smiled and said "Ok, good!  This is the best day!"  Made my heart happy :-)

The last few weeks she has actually been dancing the moves to both dances around the house.  She has worked really hard all year and it's been so fun watching her learn and excel every week. 
She had fun backstage with all of her sweet friends.  They are all so giddy on recital day!  So precious....
The theme this year was 'Dancing through Disney' which means they danced to Disney movie songs and Disney characters (the dance teachers) were in attendance! It was a fun show.
Ava loves to tap and she will tell you it's her favorite but I love to watch her dance ballet.  Her tap dance was to 'Zipiddy Do Dah' and her group closed the show with their ballet performance to 'At Last I See the Light' from our favorite movie Tangled and it brought us a few tears. Here are some pics of both performances....
After the show....
Ava LOVES trophies
Flowers from Daddy (and Nana & Grammy & sweet Presley! Ava's room smells very floral this week!)
Presley & Ava with Cinderella  (Ava's teacher Ms. Crystal)
A little love from Tinkerbell
And Jasmine
And Belle and Mrs. Potts
It's days like these that we can't help but say prayers of thanksgiving.  We are so humbled, so thankful, so undeserving of what God has given us. 
It was such a beautiful Father's Day and we are so very proud of our little dancer and thankful for the family that we have around us to share this day with every year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment