On Saturday we celebrated my Grandaddy's 90th birthday with family in East Texas! His girls threw a great birthday party for him and it was such a special day.
I think he asked me at least a handful of times, "Did you know I'm 90 years old today!? I love that he knew why we were celebrating. He was excited to have so many there. He and Grandmama will celebrate their 64th wedding anniversary in June.
We had cake, ice cream, lots of laughs and even a few tears. Then we all headed out for his birthday dinner that evening.
Ava and I made his favorite cookies for him on Friday and she was excited to give them to him. She was so afraid we were going to forget them. She must have asked me a thousand times to 'not forget the cookies.'
I am so thankful that Ava will have memories and even a few stories about Grandmama and Grandaddy and her time with them. She and Presley had so much fun playing with their cousins all day....
Poor Keegan was not feeling great but I put him in one of my favorite shirts that morning and he started patting his chest and saying "Jesus, Jesus." It took me a minute but once I realized he thought I was dressing him for church I couldn't stop laughing. Guess I've been a little guilty of sweat pants and t-shirts this winter with the exception of church! Still cracks me up as I type it.
It was a very memorable day and we are so glad we could be a part of it.
Happy Birthday Grandaddy! We love you, we are thankful for you and as we've always sung at the end of every birthday song......And many more!








Love this! You are such a great writer, and you captured the day perfectly! What a fun day!
ReplyDelete