Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Happenings

The last few weeks we have enjoyed a lot of time with family and friends.  Last week was super-hectic with Ava's school Christmas party and dance recital but we've had so much fun in the evenings watching Christmas movies and driving around to look at lights.  I love how excited the kids are about Christmas but I know how sad Ava is going to be when the lights and stocking come down.  Every place we go there is Christmas decor and she is always quick to point it out.  She sings along to all the Christmas music in the car and at home. Our favorite thing to do this year is to keep count of the the car antlers that we see when we are driving around.  We hit 20 last week and decided that every 20 deserves a candy cane when we get home. 
Keegan has done a great job of leaving the Christmas tree alone but I have his gifts wrapped in Mickey Mouse paper and he pulls them out all day to show me "Icky."  He doesn't even know that there's something fun inside.  I can't wait to watch him tear into his presents for the first time.  And it's less than a week away!  Here are some pics of our last couple of weeks......
Decorating cookies with princess Abigail
Christmas tree crafts with sweet Kenlee
 Lights in Deerfield!  Our favorite!
 Way more excited about 'driving' Daddy's car than the lights

Christmas Party at school
"Icky Mouse!"
The best gifts under my tree.....I know I say how thankful I am all the time but I am hugging these two a little tighter and longer the last few days.
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture of your cuties in front of the Christmas tree! What precious memories! You are such a wonderful Mommy Kyla!

    ReplyDelete