Friday, September 28, 2012

Life With a 4 Year Old

Ava has been four for only a couple of months but I think one word perfectly describes this age - Silly!  She is so goofy lately and jokes about everything.  And yes, bathroom humor is occasionally present although I'm working diligently against it!  She makes us laugh so much these days.
She started this thing a couple of weeks ago where she spins and points her fingers in the air, making the funniest face, and she calls it 'The Ava Dance.'  Keegan was quick to pick it up.  Randomly around the house or in the car we will hear them giggling and ooohing while they do this silly little dance.
She asks questions ALL DAY LONG.  And most of the time my answers get questioned too!  She wants to know what every word is in Spanish.  And she gets the biggest kick out of hard to say or funny-sounding words.  She came home after church on Sunday talking about the tower of Babel which was perfect timing because she's been trying to wrap her head around why there are different languages.
She needs everything to make sense.  Here's a glimpse of a conversation in the car with Ava:

Ava: Was that a school over there?
Me: Yep.  That's a middle school.
Ava: Why doesn't it have a playground?
Me: Because big kids don't play on the playground.
Ava: I'm a big kid and I like to play on the playground.
Me: You are a big kid but those kids are even bigger.
Ava: What if they want to play on the playground?
Me: Then they can go to the park after school!
And on and on and on and on........ 
There is seriously not a dull moment with this girl.  You never know what she is going to say or do and it's so much fun.  I miss her like crazy while she's at school but I love picking her up and hearing all about her day.  The car pool lane makes life so much easier in the mornings and afternoons but I'm still that mom that pulls over in the side lot to watch her and her little backpack bounce all the way up the sidewalk and into the building.  Not because I don't think that the 5 teachers outside don't direct incredibly well, but because I'm still totally in awe of this little person.  So amazed by and so in love with this little person that I get to call mine!

1 comment: