Wednesday, March 14, 2012

One Year

Keegan Reese Hutchison, you are ONE year old today!  I can't believe it's been a year since we met you and held you for the very first time.  We've been through so much this first year that even though time has flown by, it seems like we've been together a lot longer!  Maybe it's because our time together included days and nights until a few weeks ago when you finally started sleeping through the night.  I just know that from your colic stage to your reflux stage to your present stage, we have loved you more with each passing day. 


I had no idea what to expect when I learned that you were on your way.  Having no brothers and no nephews I was not sure what it would be like to have a boy.  And now I know.  I know that little boys, just like little girls, are pure joy.
You started walking last month and you can take 8-10 steps in a row.  You still crawl a lot but your favorite way to get around is to push ANYTHING around the house including the laundry basket, sister's foot stools, kitchen chairs... You make a vehicle out of anything and you are non-stop all day long.
You make boy noises already when you are playing and rolling your trucks around on the floor.  You roar and grunt and growl and I think it's so precious. 
When I say 'give love' you wrap your arms around my neck and bury big open mouth kisses on my shoulder.  Then you look at me and laugh and we do it again and again.  You love your DaDa and you love your sissy but so far you have been a bit partial to me and I would be lying if I said that I didn't love it.  You like it on Mommy's hip and I love you being there.
We celebrated your birthday with your sweet friends and family on Saturday and I think you had a fun time!

You loved your cake just like we knew would.  You used your fingers a few times and decided it would be better to just grab it with both hands and bring it to you!
Sweet friends here to celebrate....




The four of us
You are such a happy boy and my favorite thing about you is your smile.  I love that you smile with your entire face!  You are sweet.  You are funny.  You are lovable.  And our family is better with you in it. 
 Happy 1st birthday Keegan!  We love you sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment