Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cheer!

Monday night Ava started mini cheer at our church for the first time!  It's a five week program with a halftime performance at one of the Upward basketball games in February to showcase the group's routine. This may or may not be a day that I've dreamed about since I learned I was having a girl four years ago.  I'm volunteering as one of the "coaches" which just consists of teaching basic motions.  I haven't done a toe touch in over ten years and I definitely won't be trying it this month!

Here we are before heading out Monday night.  I'm not sure which one of us was more excited :-)
She did so great and she cried when it was time to leave!  Here she is with good friend Morgan after getting her first pom poms. 
We practiced our cheer at home all night long.
I went to bed with 'Let's go...let's fight...let's win...tonight' playing over and over in my head.

And just for fun here are a couple more pics of our girl from this week. 
 Here she is with her Woody doll.  Nana & Gramps actually gave him to Keegan for Christmas but Ava has 'adopted' him as her own.  He goes most places with us and makes a great movie-watching partner.
And she's quite the little 'helper' with laundry lately.  I caught her running around the house with her panties on her head a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't stop laughing.  So now she will rummage through the laundry basket while I'm folding and put on as many garments as she can get on for a laugh.  And she usually gets it!  I can't help but hear Joey from 'FRIENDS'....."Could I be wearing any more clothes?"
(And even if no one else gets the reference, I know Aunt Kara is laughing right now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment