Friday, August 12, 2011

Ava's Birthday Week

Jeff took vacation this week so we celebrated Ava's birthday all week long! Unfortunately, the boys came down with head colds midway through the week.  But we had a lot of fun relaxing and hanging out as a family.  We started Monday morning with cinnamon rolls and birthday presents. 

 She opened doll house accessories from Keegan and a car seat for her baby doll from us.  Her baby has come everywhere with us this week.  You can imagine the looks she gets in Target walking around like this!


Monday afternoon we went to the new indoor safari park in Plano.  Ava really enjoyed it.  She mostly jumped and climbed around but there were a few moments for a train ride and some putt putt golf.
 




Ava loves to help me cook dinner every evening.  She sits up on the counter and adds salt and pepper and stirs what needs to be stirred.   We cook a lot; we just never bake.  So just for fun I pulled our kitchen aid mixer out and we gave chocolate chip cookies our best shot.  I used to make homemade mashed potatoes before Keegan was born but potatoes are all my mixer has ever seen!  I thought cookies would be a good place to start.  I measured ingredients and Ava dumped.  It was messy but fun :)   Jeff took some pics of us in the kitchen.


She didn't mind tasting the cookie dough but she wasn't crazy about getting her hands so messy while rolling the dough into balls.


I can't say that the cookies turned out great.  They were definitely edible just very cake-like.  I think we put in a little too much sugar?  Not really sure.  But it was a good time and Ava thought they were perfect :)


One last thing that was really fun this week was watching the movie Cinderella with Ava.  It hasn't been out of the Disney vault to purchase since she's been born and local movie rental stores don't have it either.  But good friends Amy & Abigail shared with us that we could check it out from our library.  We've enjoyed it a few times this week so thank you girls!


I can't believe this week is almost over!  It's kind of sad.....like summer is coming to an end.  But I guess that means the holidays are not too far away!  Ava is already talking about pumpkin patches :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I haven't checked your blog out in forever! Ava is so beautiful & Keegan is growing so fast, what a handsome little man! Miss you friends! Let's play soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Love your pictures and all the great things you got to do with Ava for her birthday! So glad you enjoyed Cinderella :)

    ReplyDelete