Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Stuff the last 2 weeks

The last two weeks have been so much fun.  I've always been a winter person.  I love the cold, the snow, cocoa, holidays, etc. Summer has just sort of been a hot season to put up with to get to all the fun stuff to me. But I have really, really enjoyed summer this year!  Most of our time is spent in a pool somewhere but there has been a lot of other fun stuff going on too.  Ava successfully completed her first dance class last week.  The girls formed a line and walked into the studio room as the door was quickly closed on a hall full of mommys with cameras in hand.  I managed to snap some very poor quality photos through the 3ft x 2ft tinted window that I shared with lots of other moms.  It was so fun to watch!  She was so great!  All the girls did great.  I couldn't believe that they were actually following instruction and dancing around the room.  
 

Ava & sweet friend Abigail getting warmed up



I love this one.  I know it's so, so blurry.  But look at her go!

Ava has highjacked my iPhone this past month.  Several of you already know this because you've had the pleasure of receiving one of her fun text messages.  She loves to take pictures, look at pictures, watch mickey videos, play games and most recently call Daddy at work.  She uses the 1 touch call application and decides to call him at random times.  I thought I heard her talking to someone when I was in the shower the other day and when I got out I found that she had called him 7 times!  "Daddy's not answering anymore" she told me.  It was a really funny moment.  I couldn't feel sorry for him because he's the one that set it up for her.




Jeff tried his first Starbucks coffee over the weekend!  Shocking, I know.  He's never been a coffee drinker but he must have enjoyed it because he's had a cup of joe every day since Saturday.  The plan is to get away from sodas and find a better source of caffiene without so much sugar.  I'm pretty excited about it.  It's fun to grab coffee out with him or enjoy a cup at home after eight years of drinking solo! 


And this little guy....always along for the ride!  I just took this picture while blogging.  I look down and he's smiling at me all the time.  Several family members have commented that he has a special smile just for Mommy.  I think this may be it.  He loves his daddy and his Ava but he really loves his mommy.  I'm pretty fond of him too :)
We finally found a swimsuit small enough for him a couple of weeks ago.  He loves to hang out in the pool with us.  He also started playing with a few toys this weekend.  He likes a couple of different rattles and rings that of course always make it to his mouth.

A transformer blew at our neighborhood beach pool on Saturday not long after we arrived.  The pool was evacuated due to no electricity so we bought a blow up pool for the backyard.  It provided hours of entertainment this weekend!



Watermelon has definitely been a summer favorite for Ava.  I cut a large one up every Friday and most weeks it's gone by Wednesday.  She can't get enough of the stuff.

I caught a couple of photos with my phone while these two were playing on the floor the other night.  I didn't notice until I just posted them that they are making the same expression in both pictures!  Love, love, love these sweet babies!

1 comment:

  1. Kyla- Ava is sooooo precious in her dance class! Oh my gosh you must have just melted when you saw her! :) Keegan is getting so big too! I'm so glad you've found lots of fun ways to beat the heat this summer!

    ReplyDelete