Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ava is Potty Trained!

I have been hesitant to post this, fearing regression and partially because we still can't believe it! But I realized while cleaning out my diaper bag last night that the same pair of "just in case" panties and shorts have been in there for over 3 weeks and Ava hasn't worn a diaper during the day in almost 4 weeks!  This week she has started going all by herself, only asking me for help if she needs help with a certain outfit.  She still wears a diaper at night but it's almost always dry in the morning. I just can't chance having to change sheets in the middle of the night right now since night time sleep is already interrupted most nights by little man :)


We've now been to the potty at almost every large chain grocery store, several restaurants, and both of our neighborhood pools. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be but outings do take a bit longer now. It's so worth it though! We are so proud of our little girl! We've taken her out for yogurt several times to reward and celebrate.




We are addicted to this little self serve yogurt shop down the road.  It's always a fun outing.....Sometimes a fun late evening outing in our pajamas :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Ava. We're so proud of her too! And way to go Mom for potty training AND taking care of a newborn!

    ReplyDelete